Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome, 2013!

Hello everyone and happy new year!
I hope 2012 was good to you and that 2013 will be even better. I'm still well behind and owe you all a post about Paris and the Harry Potter London Studio Tour. And I intend to write one on that, but first I thought I'd mention that its new years day. And was recently Christmas, so Merry belated-Christmas to you as well. With that, I'll finally get to the much awaited Paris post:

Paris is AMAZING. I thought I would love Paris and went with extremely high expectations. The city far exceeded anything I imagined. It is one of my favorite cities I've ever been to and that's saying a lot. Why did I love it so much? EVERYTHING you eat is delicious. Even little shack-y places have high quality taste, so it is a guarantee that you will be eating something delicious (chains may not apply to this rule). The city has modern features that far surpass most, as well as an ability to retain its culture. I have not yet been to another big city that retained its culture as well as Paris has. The people are nice and helpful. I know the stereotype that the French, and especially Parisians, are rude. I suspected this stereotype was wrong after I met some amazing, French, individuals; but I can say with certainty now that it is wrong. I didn't face one rude person. I only encountered rude American tourists. Which makes me think- is this rumor spread by the obnoxious American tourists that everyone hates? Because I wouldn't want to put up with them either, and thus may come across rude as well.... And to be fair, probably a big part of why Paris was so nice was because of the company I was with. But the city really was amazing. We also visited Chateau Versailles, which was beautiful. We only viewed the gardens and have decided we need to go back in the spring time to properly view the gardens, as well as go inside the Chateau.


Notre Dame

Sacre Coeur

Winged Victory, at The Louvre

The Louvre

Venus de Milo, at The Louvre



Les Invalides

View from first floor of the Eiffel Tour

Gardens of Chateau Versailles

Chateau Versailles


Those are just a few of the HUNDREDS of images I took. Ben also took hundreds of photos. I will add some of his in a later post.

Only a week later, Ben took me to the Harry Potter London Studio Tour for our 6 month anniversary. There, they have the sets, costumes, etc of what was used in the movies. AND IT WAS EPIC!









Needless to say, I loved every minute of it!
Again, Ben has more pictures from this trip and I will add them in a later post.

I'll get a Christmas adventures post up, hopefully soon. But until then, have a nice beginning to your 2013 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment