Thursday, August 9, 2012

Spain. Portugal. The Jurassic Coast. Stonehenge. Salisbury. Part 4- The English adventures/ End of the trip

I got back from Portugal on a Thursday afternoon with a great surprise awaiting me! Ben was at my terminal, waiting for me so that I didn't have to take the train back on my own.
And then the next day (Friday) we were off! I really didn't know where we were going- it was a surprise to me. But I found out on Saturday that we were spending the day along the Jurassic Coast.

Poole:
 Durdle Door:



 Lulworth Cove:




Fossil hunting along the Jurassic Coast:
And I found a fossil!!!! If you look closely, it looks like a fish :)

Lyme Regis:

Do you see all the people? Well, Lyme Regis IS a beach town, but its little. There usually aren't this many people. We accidentally stumbled upon a Red Bull sponsored water sports show. So we watched it for awhile and enjoyed the sun.

The next day, we headed to Stonehenge and Salisbury (which is famous for its cathedral):

Stonehenge:




Salisbury:


A cute little town!



Sadly, we made the trek home which means I had to go back to the real world and back to work.

Since them, I've been preparing for the conference in October- This includes hearing that I received a travel grant! Everyone likes a little free money in their life :)! On the sadder side, I've had to say good bye to two good friends- Chad and Fernanda. And besides those things, life has been pretty normal.

I hope you have enjoyed the travel blogs. Sadly, it might be awhile until another one comes around...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment