Friday, January 9, 2015

Starting off 2015 on the right foot

Hello!

I hope you are all impressed that this post isn't coming 5 months later. I sure am.

Anyway. Its only been a week since my last post. Which means there hasn't been anything too thrilling going on besides the usual day to day stuff. But its been awhile since I've actually written a post that isn't based around any travels, so I thought I might give it a go.

First off, Ben and I have been on a cleanse. I've mostly approached this as a 1) necessity to cut out wheat so that I can give my nose a break 2) increase my water intake by having better portion control (aka drink when I'm actually thirsty, instead of eating). They really aren't the typical reasons why people "cleanse". But let's not kid ourselves, a 2 week cleanse isn't going to detox your body. Your body will do that naturally (hurray for kidneys and livers!). Once I saw that Bon Appetit was running a diet, I thought it would be a good idea to work on my self-control in regards to food (the previously noted two points are just bonuses). And I've got to say, I'm really proud that I've stuck to the diet so far. I also learned that medjool dates are just about the most delicious things ever! Here are some of the best recipes from January so far:

Picture and recipe from Paleo Leap
Picture and recipe from Buzzfeed
And then the cleanse began
Picture and recipe from Bon Appetit
Picture and recipe from Bon Appetit
Picture and recipe from Bon Appetit
 Picture and recipe from Bon Appetit
Picture and recipe from Bon Appetit
Picture and recipe from Bon Appetit
Picture and recipe from Bon Appetit

Its been a delicious start to the year. Its also been a sweaty start to the year. With gym, long walks, and running. I've started adding some barbell complexes into my lifting routine and its amazing! But its also intense, which isn't surprising... Hopefully I can keep up with my routine (instead of falling out of routine and then taking forever to get back into it....).

Finally, I finished reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson and started reading A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. I love Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... until the last two chapters or so. They needed those pages to wrap up the entire story line, but I seriously think they should have wrapped up those bits earlier and saved the main surprise until the end. I don't want to finish the main story, only to be bored by two more chapters about bits of the story that I no longer care about. Am I alone here with thinking this?

Besides that, I've been plugging along with writing my thesis. Haven't gone insane from it yet, so I'd say its going well.


Until next time!



P.S. Je suis Charlie.



No comments:

Post a Comment