Saturday, August 2, 2014

When the family visits, we go to Scotland and Paris

The end of May brought not only  my quarter life crisis, but also a visit from my family. We packed their time here FULL of stuff to see and do.

Adventures started quite quickly, with a weekend trip to Scotland. Unfortunately, I was HORRIBLY sick the night before our flight out and for the first day in Scotland. I'm honestly shocked that I even made it there. But anyway.... I missed the day in Edinburgh. Which was a total bummer, because they did a walking tour of the town and a night time walking tour of all the murder/dark history of the town. Both of which I still desperately want to do. I was also hoping to hike up to Arthur's Seat, but I guess I'll just have to go back! The second day, we stopped at Stirling Castle:






And it was glorious.
On the way up to our stop in Perth, we went by William Wallace's monument:
Unfortunately the monument was closed by the time we got there, so its yet another place I'll have to go back and see while on my next trip to Scotland!
Once we got into Perth and settled, we explored a bit of Perthsire's natural beauty.
The next day we headed east to St. Andrews, but not before stopping off at Queen's View.
Oh man do I love Scotland :)
We hit some Eastern cities, eventually stopping in St. Andrews







We headed back to England after St. Andrews and in just a few short days, had a 3-day long stint in Paris. This trip encompassed my birthday, which was amazing! Some of the highlights shown below include L'Orangerie and D'Orsay Impressionist amazingness, views from Montparnasse, and Sacre Coeur:










I love this city SO MUCH!!!

Again, we headed back to England. And a few highlights that we showed the family included:

Herstmonceux Castle











A trip to London to see The Lion King:

(there was much excitement)


Some cider tasting at the Pork and Cider Festival, put on by our local pub
And even more cider tasting at Middle Farm, selling some of Sussex's best local ciders






It was an INTENSE few days, but it was great. So much to see, so little time.





No comments:

Post a Comment